JOB TITLE: Office Team Member/Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Church Administrator
General Job Description: This position carries out the daily processes of the Willow Hills Baptist Church Office with understanding and implementation of WHBCs vision, values, beliefs, and philosophy of ministry.
- A High school diploma or equivalent required, College degree preferred.
- Prior Office experience is preferred.
- Ability to work and cooperate with other staff, church members, and visitors.
- Some key characteristics are: Positive attitude, reliability, punctuality, flexibility, integrity, and discretion. Also, must be teachable, desire to grow and have a healthy self-awareness.
- Strong commitment to the Vision, Values and Mission of Willow Hills Baptist Church.
- Must be self-motivated, well organized, and able to multi-task.
- Must possess administrative skills, proficient Computer skills (MS Office, Internet, etc.), experience with Office equipment (copiers/printers, fax machine, laminator, etc.).
- Excellent Customer service skills.
- Needs to portray solid verbal and communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities: Job activities for this position may include but are not limited to the following:
- Administrative Shared Daily Tasks–
- Assist with front desk responsibilities like answering phone calls, greeting visitors, and making copies.
- Communicate with Staff, Church Members, and Community.
- Maintaining files, records, prayer list, membership database.
- Individual Tasks divided between Team Members-
- Assist with Emailing Newsletters and weekly bulletins.
- Assist with Scheduling volunteers.
- Assist in Coordinating events, memorials, funerals, and baptisms
- Prepare needed reports and letters.
- Respond to phone calls and emails.
- Prepare agendas or notes for meetings as needed.
- Assist with the planning, organizing, and setting up for classes, meetings, and events.
- Assist in travel arrangements and meeting reservations as needed.
- Assist in additional task as requested.
Send resumes to email@example.com
Next Gen | Youth Pastor
Willow Hills Baptist Church is seeking a Next Generations Pastor with a focus in youth and college ministries. We are a growing, multigenerational church in Prescott, Arizona. We currently average around 600 in weekly attendance.
Our previous youth pastor of over 6 years did a good job of rebuilding our youth and college ministries and has stepped down to return to seminary. We are looking for someone to help our church, and especially our youth and college ministries, continue to impact our community for Christ. The ideal candidate will: love Christ and His Word, be passionate about seeing young people come to know Christ and grow to love and obey Him, and see them connected with the Willow Hills Baptist Church.
- Personal relationship with Christ
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ordained or able to be ordained
- Function as a Pastor to the WHBC family
- Lead and oversee ministries to both youth (approximately 60% of time) and college aged adults (approximately 30% of time). This would include:
- Recruiting and developing leaders
- Discipling others
- Planning regular (at least monthly) activities for teens
- Summer teen camp
- Connect with and develop parents, teens, ministry leaders and college age adults
- Partner with parents in the development of their teens
- Serve as a part of the staff leadership team
- Work with our Children’s Director to minster to families and develop a unified flow through children’s, youth and college ministries
Qualities We are Looking for:
- Character – Can we trust you?
- Competence – Do you have the passion, leadership, vision casting, and organizational skills needed to be successful?
- Chemistry – Can you get along with different people and “play well in the sand box”?
- Courage – Are you willing to make hard decisions and have difficult conversations when it is necessary?
- Our Purpose: Leading the lost on a journey to a thriving relationship with Christ.
- Our Values:
- Kingdom Expansion: Partnering with the Holy Spirit to see the Kingdom of God triumph throughout our world. Based on the “great commission” given by Jesus in Matthew 28:16-20, we are to spread the good news of Jesus to the ends of the earth, making disciples of all nations.
- Personal Growth: Enriching people’s lives by enhancing their spiritual, physical, and emotional development so that they may best glorify God as they enjoy the abundant life found in Jesus Christ.
- Individual Significance: Recognizing that each person is created in the image of God, we will embrace each person’s value and uniqueness.
- Generous Living: Blessing others by radically sharing the gifts God has graciously given us.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org